Looking for the best double stroller? You’ve come to the right place.
At DoubleStrollerCenter.com, we’ve spent hundreds of hours testing and researching just to find out the answer for you. Check out our comparison chart and buying guide below to find out the right stroller for your needs.
Our Reviews and Top Picks
Hi, I’m Wendy Marsol, editor in chief for DoubleStrollerCenter.com. In this section we’re going to look at the cream of the crop; the best of the best in the world of double strollers, so feel free to scroll down to the type of stroller that you feel is most applicable to your needs.
Having said that, I would urge you to read through each review because if you’re anything like me, you’ll most likely come across a few extra pros and cons on some of the models that you didn’t realize were there.
This guide is intended to simplify matters for you rather than make them more complicated, but it is best to make the most educated decision possible so let’s take a look at the top double strollers from each category.
Best Double Stroller Overall
This best-selling double stroller is just about the best product of its kind that money can buy, and with the amount of positive user feedback it has received almost across the board you can rest assured that you’re getting nothing but the highest-quality, longest-lasting material available.
- The UNO2DUO stroller starts as a single stroller and expands to a double stroller as your family grows.
- You can simply extend the stroller to 5″ with one easy step when your family grows from 1 to 2 children.
- This versatile double stroller grows with your family for years with 11 ways to ride with one or two children.
- Two toddler seats included to accommodate two children from infancy in bassinet mode to toddler mode as they grow older.
- Reclining seat converts to an infant bassinet for on-the-go comfort for baby in both parent facing and forward facing modes.
Best Double Stroller for Infant and Toddler
Proving itself to be one of the market leaders yet again is Graco with this slick and stylish Stand and Ride double stroller that features a tandem seating arrangement and integrated suspension to ensure your toddler standing in the back has a sturdy platform to plant his little feet on.
- Holds 2 children up to 50 pound each , Stroller Rear Wheel Size 8.0 inches , Stroller Front Wheel Size 6.7 inches.
- Stroller accepts all Graco SnugRide Classic Connect & Click Connect Infant Car Seats.
- Padded bench seat so child can sit or stand on platform.
- Multi position, reclining front seat lies flat.
- Child’s tray with cup holder pivots for no fuss stroller entry.
- One hand fold with storage latch.
The main complaint surrounding the design of this infant-and-toddler double stroller is the placement of the seating, especially when using a car seat in the front, which makes it difficult for the toddler in the back to sit on the bench without having to lean at an awkward angle.
Edit: This model is currently unavailable from the manufacturer.
Best Double Stroller for Twins
This lightweight yet highly durable twin stroller features a side-by-side seating arrangement with a deceptively large amount of storage for such a compact model.
The Delta City Street Side by Side Stroller is a slightly cheaper alternative to some of the more expensive higher-end equivalents, but it certainly still seems to hold up to the test of time.
- Features a lightweight umbrella design for easy folding and compact storage
- Offers side-by-side seating while still easily fitting through 30” passageways
- Swivel front wheels allow for greater maneuverability
- Comes with two hanging bags ideally suited to storing toys and other tit-bits
The most glaring shortfall of this stroller is that there is no reclining feature, but if you are looking for a low-end model to really get the most bang for your buggy buck then it is still well worth considering.
Best Double Jogging Stroller
With its aluminium and plastic frame, the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger is ideally suited to all you parents out there who want a stroller that will stand up to a more active lifestyle.
You’ll also notice that this model includes a very secure seating and fastening arrangement so that you can confidently move around at a brisk pace without having to worry about your precious cargo coming loose.
- Lockable front swivel wheel for ease of manoeuvrability and pneumatic bicycle tires
- Ratcheting shade canopy. Care and Maintenance – To clean the seat pad, use only mild household soap or detergent and warm water on a sponge or clean cloth. Check your stroller for loose screws, worn parts, torn material or stitching on a regular basis. Replace or repair parts as needed.
- Convenient parent tray with 2 cup holders and a covered storage compartment
- 5-point safety harness. Lightweight, sturdy construction
It should be noted that this stroller is one of Amazon’s choice under Double Jogging Stroller while writing this topic.
What about More Expensive Strollers?
If you’re considering purchasing a more expensive stroller in the $300 – 600 price range then you will of course want to think about what you are actually getting for that extra money.
Sometimes you might find that for some unknown reason your child simply cannot stand a higher-end model, while they may really enjoy riding around in what we might consider to be a cheap piece of junk!
Durability isn’t really a factor that you will typically need to concern yourself with when purchasing a stroller upwards of $500 because you can find models for literally half the price that will offer just as much longevity.
Below are some of the better strollers that fall into this price range.
Best Double strollers above $500
This robust and rather stylish stroller features a tandem seating arrangement and it comes complete with a Second Seat Kit that enables you to actually use the stroller with just a single seat, so if one child wants to stay home then you’ve got the ideal option.
- Holds two children up to 45lbs in weight each
- Lightweight 8-inch front wheels with suspension offer uncompromised maneuverability while also keeping your baby or babies comfortable
- Quick-Fold Technology enables you to fold them up within a matter of seconds
- Easily switch between single and double seating with a total of 16 different seating combinations
The BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller is available in a variety of gender-neutral colors, making it the ideal choice for families who are planning to have one, two, or even three more children in the future without having to purchase a brand new model with a different color.
- Enjoy a jogging wheel format with front wheels that can be adjusted from swivel to fixed position and then back again within seconds
- Wheel suspension ensures your little ones will be comfy all day long
- Seats are extremely padded with full reclining options for even more comfort
- Two-step folding enables you to pack up this stroller very easily
- Compatible with BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter and Snack Tray
Best Double strollers above $300, but less than $500
This is another jogger-style double stroller that is designed for all you active parents out there who want a model that is going to stand up to everyday wear and tear as well as more extreme situations like long-distance hiking on uneven ground.
- Compact lightweight stroller design fits through a standard doorway, making getting around town with two kids easier than ever.
- Double stroller with ultra-compact fold and auto-lock for easy transportation and storage–perfect for any on-the-go lifestyle.
- Stroll from birth with two carry cot infant bassinets or with two toddlers.
- Lightweight and durable rubber composite tires provide a smooth and nimble ride. Includes locking front swivel wheels with suspension for easy maneuverability.
- Adjustable calf support provides customization comfort for baby.
- Suitable for babies from 0-24 months.
This stylish double stroller features a side-by-side seating format which is just as easy to fold as many self-proclaimed compact or lightweight models, making it the ideal choice for those of you who want robustness and compactness in a single stylish unit.
- Lightweight stroller with all wheel suspension linked parking brake, and self standing quick fold.
- Extra large storage basket, 6 pockets, independent infinite reclining seats and ventilated UV 50+ canopies.
- Fit: Birth to 50 pounds each seat; maximum unfolded dimensions 40.75 inch L x 31.5 inch W x 41.4 inch H.
- Travel System ready: Compatible with 1 Britax or BOB infant car seat (adapter sold separately).
- Suitable for kids up to 6 years.
Best Double strollers Below $300
Stylish; storage-heavy; incredibly maneuverable, the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller features two locking swivel wheels on the front instead of the usual one to provide an amazing degree of handling comparable to similar models priced far higher.
- Multi-position reclining seats are independently adjustable to keep each child comfortable.
- Five-point safety harnesses ensure a safe trip. Maximum Height: 42 inches.
- Ratcheting canopy shields your little ones from the elements, while the peekaboo window allows you to keep an eye on each child with ease.
- Generously sized storage baskets accommodate bigger items. Recommended Use: 6 m ~ 50 lbs (each child).
- Parent tray features a covered storage compartment and two cup holders.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Double Stroller
Always keep the axiom “knowledge is power” firmly planted in your mind throughout the entire purchasing process because this is what will help you make an educated decision that you won’t regret.
Besides this old adage, there are a couple of basic things that you’ll want to consider before buying your stroller.
First and foremost, how much or how often are you going to be using the stroller?
This is perhaps the most important question to ask yourself before making your final decision because it will help you to determine a few things, namely the type of stroller you opt for and the budget you dedicate to the purchase.
Will you use the stroller every day or only once a week?
Will you use it for a quick five-minute walk to the store?
Will you use it for long walks in the park during the summer months?
Once you’ve figured out roughly how
often you’ll be using the stroller, you’ll be one step closer to establishing
Another question that might help you with this is that of how long you plan to use the stroller for.
Asking yourself these kinds of questions should certainly help you to determine how frequently you will use the double stroller.
Will you only use the double stroller for the first year or so of your babies’ lives?
If so, you might want to look into a double pram as this will be more than accommodating if you do not require a seating arrangement that will allow them to sit up.
Do you plan to use a double stroller until your children can walk independently?
If so, you’ll definitely find it worthwhile spending a little more on a high-quality model that will provide greater durability and overall longevity while being adjustable enough to remain comfortable as your little ones start to become, well, not so little!
Another useful activity that will help you determine your budget is to grab a pen and paper and make a list of the features you are looking for in a double stroller.
Here are just some of the features you may or may not seek as a priority:
- Diaper Bags
- Rain Covers
- Food Trays
- Toy Storage Compartments
- Integrated Parasols
You’ll find it a lot easier to put this list together after deciding how frequently and for how long you plan on using the stroller.
A few words on Cost
One of the most obvious and important factors to consider when buying a double stroller is that of cost.
There can be a huge amount of variety when it comes to the price of strollers, and depending on your budget you may end up spending as much as $1,000+ or as little as $100 or even less.
The majority of strollers will typically fall in the $200 – 300 price range, and the higher in price we go the larger the jumps are until we reach a maximum of around $1,000 – $1,200.
There are many double strollers available for less than a hundred bucks, and with the exception of families who are looking to use them for a specific purpose these are generally best avoided.
Furthermore, the price range of $700 – $1,000+ is generally not going to be viable for many of you who are reading this guide so we will be focusing predominantly on low-to-mid range strollers. We will, however, take a closer look at slightly more expensive models a little later.
As with many baby-related items, you are making an investment when you buy a double stroller, or at least it would be advisable to look at the purchase in this manner.
Generally speaking, the more you invest in your double stroller, the longer-lasting it is likely to be and the more features you will be able to enjoy. On the other hand, if you don’t currently have the funds available for a large purchase then a smaller more short-term investment might be more appropriate.
There are obviously going to be higher-end models that are more aptly described as luxury purchases, and these often don’t really provide anything beyond unnecessary additional features and pricier materials that may or may not affect the longevity or functionality of the stroller.
The best thing you can do is look at your double stroller purchase in the broader context of everything you have to buy for your baby or babies, including cribs, clothing, toys, and so on. The concept of investment will help you to make more context-appropriate purchases that take not just cost, but all other factors into consideration.
Types of Double Strollers
1. Double “Side-by-Side” Strollers
Perhaps the most common variety of
double strollers, the side-by-side design is exactly as it sounds, enabling
both of your little ones to sit next to each other rather than in single file
as with a tandem stroller.
The main disadvantage of this design is obviously its width, and you may have a little trouble getting through narrower passageways.
On the other hand, most manufacturers are aware of this design flaw and are now producing side-by-side twin strollers that are far narrower.
2. Double Jogging Strollers
This type of double stroller features
three wheels which makes it more suitable for active parents who want to move a
little more rapidly.
You don’t necessarily have to be a runner to benefit from a double jogging stroller as the front wheel is great at navigating uneven terrain.
The main downside to this style of double stroller is its lack of maneuverability, especially when compared to…
3. All-Terrain Double Strollers
If you like the robust nature of the
double jogging stroller but with something that is a little easier to maneuver
then you might want to consider an all-terrain double stroller.
The easiest way to think of this variety is like the SUV of strollers, and unlike the double jogging stroller, the all-terrain variety allows you to lock the front wheel for better handling.
4. Tandem Double Strollers
Tandem strollers are designed to be a
little more streamlined as the seats are placed in single file unlike their side-by-side counterparts.
It isn’t uncommon to see jogging and even all-terrain double strollers available in the tandem format; however, this style certainly isn’t without its limitations.
The single file seating arrangement can sometimes limit the amount of space for the child in the backseat, and let’s not forget the inevitable arguments that are going to arise over who gets to sit in the front once they reach the Terrible Twos!
5. Umbrella Double Strollers
This style is very well suited to
those of you who don’t have a lot of space
at home and want something that you can fold up and tuck away.
Just like an umbrella, this type of stroller folds up within a matter of seconds and even features curved and angled handles that I personally think are a little easier on the wrists.
One thing to watch out for with umbrella strollers is that the seats won’t always lower into a completely flat position, so they might not be ideal for newborns.
6. Sit and Stand Strollers
This variety of double stroller is designed for families who are making a second addition to their litter as it enables the older child to stand up in the back while the newborn or younger one sits upfront.
The standing arrangement is best
suited to children over two years of age, and of course if their little legs
get tired they can sit down.
The Sit and Stand Stroller is great for giving the older sibling a greater feeling of freedom and independence because they can stand, sit, or even step out and walk alongside mum/mom and dad as they see fit.
So there we have it, the pick of the bunch and all the information you could ever possibly need to find a double twin stroller that will give you all the features you need while also providing a decent amount of longevity.
Of course, you are always going to get what you pay for, and if you like the idea of a certain style of double stroller and want something with, say, a greater weight capacity or a more lightweight frame that won’t sacrifice durability, then you can always dedicate a larger portion of your budget to a more high-end model.
More often than not the best deals are to be found online, particularly on sites like Amazon, but if at all possible I would strongly urge you to visit some stores in your local area so that you can see the physical product for yourself before making your final purchase.
I hope this has helped you move a little closer to making your decision, or perhaps even sealing the deal and taking the plunge with what is to become your new double stroller!